Becoming an independent company
Building Developments in St. Georgen until 1965
The expansion of the company, in terms of administration, the development section, growth in employees and especially production facilities is evident from the continuous need for larger facilities and the resulting lively construction activities. The rise and formation of Hermann Papst’s entrepreneurial accomplishments and his sons achievements can be derived also from outermarks, the buildings and sales offices within the country and abroad.
This spatial expansion was urgently needed, due to the growth in the number of emloyees of the Papst Motoren KG to 130 in 1952. In 1953 240 people were working at the Sankt Georgen electric motor manufacturer, in 1954 350. A new building with 6 floors located in today’s Hermann- Papst Straße, in the heart of the city provided enough space for.
Three production plants
The plants at the three production locations in St. Georgen, Herbolzheim, and Spaichingen were specialized for certain fields more and more. The plant in St. Georgen was responsible for development, administration and sales, as well as for the production of the AC motor standard program, including External Rotor Motors and Motors for customised applications in the field of medical-, laboratory-, or safety-technologies. This is where the start of the production for the today so important electronic ally, commutated motors commences, first for Dictaphones (Dictation devices), later as direct driving disc motors with rotating yoke for the HIFi record players of Dual and Revox.
Administration with development center in plant 1 in St. Georgen around 1990
Continuously those products are developed further and the costs for them drop. Driven by the growing demand for electronic devices and the respective demand for cooling fans, the plant 2 in Herbolzheim turns into a large- scale production facility as well.
In 1984 the new plant 2 in Herbolzheim becomes part of the company.
This plant is turned into the largest production facility of the Papst-Motoren GmbH & Co. KG
The production of the plant in Spaichingen is focussed on volume production, mainly large amounts of head wheel drives, capstan-drives and winder drives for Video Recorders (e. g. to Grundig). Large series of AC- and External Rotor Motors for Air-, and Device-Technology in general, as well as radial fans are manufactured in Spaichingen.
Assembly line for alternating current External Rotor Motor in the plant 3 in Spaichingen
Intelligent Products and a high degree of automation make it possible for Papst to compete with the upcoming rivals of the east far. Automatic processes by using robots, for example in the dynamic balancing of Rotor Fans or objective noise measurement, support the competitiveness as well.
Cleanroom production of Hard-Disk-Spindel Motors in Singapore around 1988 by
Papst-Mechatronic Singpore Ltd.